Monday, April 20, 2009

Michelle and Patrick 4/18/09






The wedding day of Michelle and Patrick has defiantly been one I have been looking forward to with much anticipation. And I think to do it total justice it will have multiple posts over the next few days. Part of it is also to give the photographers present proper ado. So this post will only include a few of the set up shots that I took, but look for the photos from our other photographers very soon. I had a busy day and did not get a lot of pictures.



The day started out and ended smooth as can be. We had a few unexpected moments but I promised Michelle I wouldn't tell on at least one of them.



Let me run down the cast of characters here and give you links as I find them, if I have them. I can get you contacts for any of them, just let me know.



Venue: Oak Hills Country Club San Antonio Texas
The wedding ceremony took place outside on the beautiful green grass and under the large trees. White chairs were lined up for all the guest every other chair had a beautiful fan program (that I did not get a photo of, but will see if the photographers did). There was a table at the front for the sand ceremony and a gorgeous floral arrangement by Erin with Edens Echo. The aisle was also lined with ivory rose petals. There was a cocktail hour after the ceremony with a full bar, and passed apps and an appetizer station. The reception in the ball room was beautiful. Michelle knew just what she wanted. There were blue up lights all around the room and lighted white paper lanterns in three sizes and green moss balls over the dance floor and lounge area. Tables were filled with candle centerpieces in multiple sizes with ivory flowers surrounding them. handmade table numbers, gold chargers with ivory napkins on champagne satin table cloths. Cookies with their monogram all added to it. The gold chaviri chairs were also a wonderful touch. The staff at the club were so wonderful. I was at ease knowing that if we needed anything they would get it for me.

Floral: Was all provided by Erin at Eden's Echo.
I love working with Erin this was our second wedding and I look forward to our next. She really cares about the brides desires and vision and will do whatever she can to make it happen. Her work is remarkable. Just check out the photos. She took the floral petals I placed on the tables and added little flowers she had left over and made it beautiful and the mini bouquets on the brides and grooms chairs adorable.

Photographer: Karen Little with Winfield Little Photography. I need to get her second shooters name. He did a great job and he is moving from San Antonio to Austin so he will be looking for some Austin weddings soon. I will post another entry with photos they get to me as they have a chance to get them to me.

Second Photographer: Jenna Cole she is a fellow blogger from what I understand from Michelle that is just starting to build a wedding portfolio. I have seen a couple of pictures today on her facebook page and let me tell you they are awesome.

Band: Lost in Austin out of Austin. They rock the night away. I was thrilled with the excitement on the dance floor and they were so cool about showing up early to set up and then just hang out until they went on. They even came in early to turn on a microphone for some speeches. I told hubby when I was alive the next day that I want to go hear them in Austin sometime when I don't have a million things I am worried about and can dance and enjoy them. I think i will be dancing alone but its worth a try.

Lighting: Your Lighting Experts out of Austin. From what I understand this one was one of their first weddings, but you could have fooled me. They understood the feel wanted and made it happen. And as I told them anytime I am not on a ladder hanging lanterns its a good day. They were so easy to work with and I look forward to working with them again.

Officiant: Rev. Susan Ross out of New Braunfels. She was a hoot and performed a beautiful ceremony that was catered around the couple.

Cakes: Cathy Young. They were simply beautiful and delicious. Well at least the brides cake was and I did not hear any complaints from the grooms cake. I was only able to snag the one piece.

Photo booth: TNT Photo booth. This was a huge hit. They had a great time with this and Nery and I even slipped in and took a photo and left it for the happy couple in a scrapbook with the other photos so that the happy couple can go back later and see everything. I heard they squeezed seven people in there so I am sure there are some fun photos.

Video: Rey Dominguez. He did a wonderful job. I have not seen the video yet but he was there for everything.

I am sure I am missing someone so I will go over notes and add details as I remember them.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Becky, you are too sweet! What a lovely post! Thanks for everything you are such a rockstar and it is because of you and your staff that things went so well!! Also, thanks for posting some great pics from Jenna - I am dying for more!! Much love, MRS Q :)