Monday, February 23, 2009

Making a Chuppa


I get these wild hairs sometimes and my family just goes right along with me. I am oh so grateful for that. I was meeting with one of my brides yesterday that is getting married at the end of the year. They will be having a Jewish ceremony. With that they need a Chuppa to stand under. I was sitting there thinking that my dad could make one of those. So I tell them I am going to look into this. I come up with an idea so that its easy to transport and hopefully sturdy. I call dad explain it to him and he agrees easy to make. So he is researching materials for me this week and we will start building it in a few weeks. I have been looking at pictures online and love all the ones I have found. I know its a Jewish tradition, but they are appealing to me more then an arch right now. I will have to take photos once we get it built. I am blessed with a talented family and ones willing to help me out when my brain takes off like this.

No comments: