Saturday, February 21, 2009

A little side job


I love when I get little side jobs, but this one goes hand in hand with what I am already doing. My father has been very active for years the the San Marcos VFW Hall (Veterans of Foreign Wars). Well turns out the lady that books the hall for outside events has too much on her plate and wants to give up some of the duties. While some of the job description is still being defined. All in all I am in charge of handling the bookings for the hall. Whenever someone is interested in using it for a party, or meeting, they will call me. I check the master calender and get them to sign contracts. The hall is just a few miles from my house so I can run up there quick and easy to give the tour and show them the contract. I don't have to be there for the events so it does not conflict with my weddings. They have a security staff and bartenders there for each party so they won't need me there. I have to meet the VFW hall post commander today. The lady currently doing this said its just to woo him with my people skills. I think I can do that. People Skills is something that comes pretty naturally. My teachers in elementary school said it was excessive talking, but I know better they were jealous of my amazing people skills. Well the jobs not in the bucket yet, but still its looking good. So wish me luck as I go meet with them today.

No comments: