Monday, May 4, 2009

Kelly and Darryl May 2nd

Kelly found a lot of inspiration from one of my other brides. In fact we were at the same venue with a similar color scheme. I always worry that I will end of up copy cat weddings when using the same venue and colors, but that was not the case at all. This wedding was definitely not that the other and was another fabulous job by the couple in the planning.


Decorations were in shades of pink. Pink round paper lanterns hung over the back porch. Tables were draped in black with pink napkins. One of the money saving ideas this bride used was to reuse her ceremony decorations. She placed galvanized buckets of flowers at the ends of the pews. After the ceremony we moved those from the pews to the centers of each of the tables. They were perfect for both. The night was filled with fun, food, friends, family, and dancing. They were so happy and so much fun to work with. And now for the behind the scenes credits. I know that Kelly blogs and will most likely put her reviews up there and I can link you to that once she gets back from her honeymoon. So I will just name the ones I know about and if I think about it some general thoughts.


Venue: Star Hill Ranch Adam is always such a joy to work with.


My assistant: Nery Lauderdale-bravely volunteered to climb the ladder to hang lanterns when I realized I was too short. She was almost too short as well, but the husband of one of the bridesmaids came to the rescue and saved the day.


Make Up: Make up by Adrienne. Kelly looked great so that should be all that needs to be said. I do enjoy her work.


Pre-Wedding Food: Tea Sandwiches and a deli tray from Central market. They were missing the garnish tray when i went to pick it up, but they gave me one from another party not coming in for pick up for another hour so she had time to make another one for them. It looked good.


Rentals, Set-Up, and Catering: All Handled by Dagars. They showed up earlier than planned in order to make sure things were set up in time in the chapel area.


Iron Cross: Mancino Iron Rentals


Floral: Visual Lyrics


Photography: Inked Fingers. Carli and her husband did great at getting all they could before the wedding so that once it was all over they were able to get some whole family shots and such and were done. It took them very little time at all. They also experimented with some HD Video as well. I saw a little clip on the blog and can't wait for more.


Ceremony Music: Mark Cruse


Cocktail Hour was appetizers with a coke and dr. pepper car set up on the wagon. Dagars took care of all this.


Cocktail and Reception Music: Byrne Rock I love working with Byrne and I can't wait for our next wedding together. I can't say enough about him. His new second in command, Ryan, was with him. I look forward to working with him in the near future as well.


Cakes: The Cake Pan


I will have to get with Kelly to find out where she bought the sparklers. They were the easiest to light and lasted the longest I have ever seen. I liked them a lot.


Shuttle for guest: Carey Limo services part of the limo company below


Get Away Car: Antique Limos of Austin. There was a miscommunication on the pick up time, but they worked out a solution so we had a wonderful car when it was time for our happy couple to say goodnight.
I will add any vendors I might have missed as I go back over the day. And once Carli get photos up on her blog I will link you to those as well.

No comments: