Saturday, January 17, 2009

Just a Few Years ago

Okay ladies. I finally have a scanner at home. What does that mean? Well it means I am having fun playing and scanning old photos. I needed to unpack the boxes with the pictures in them so I am scanning them as I go. Its not the most efficient use of my time, but its fun. I have not gotten to all the wedding pictures yet, but I did come across one of my favorites. So no laughing. Okay you can laugh some. Here is me and hubby on out wedding day in April of 2002. I loved my dress. Have I seen others now that I wish I had? Nope. It may not be the most contemporary look, but I love it. I was a plus sized bride, but I wanted a great dress that did not look like an 80's prom throw back. When I get to the rest of my photos I will post more pics of this dress. It hid my flaws and showed off my strengths. These flowers are crazy. I asked the florist for a small cascade nothing too much and he said he liked how this turned out and hoped I did. It was great just bigger then I had planned on. There are things that have become popular, or that I might be able to afford now that I could not then, but for the budget we had to work with, and the options available to a small town girl I had a perfect wedding. I don't regret a moment of it. If I had it all to do over and it was 2009 I would do some things differently but very little. More adding to what was already there. And getting a better contract with the venue holding my reception (Good thing my church had a large space I could use for the reception, because I was not shelling out anymore money the week of my wedding like the reception venue wanted). So for your amusement. Me on my wedding day. More fun from that day to come later.

No comments: