Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Where have I been?


Sorry I have not updated my blog in a few days. Well right now we are between weddings. I find August and September to be pretty slow months for weddings because well honestly its just so darn hot. Oh and the fact that school starts back and everyone is getting back into the swing of things. I know that is how it is at my house. The usual juggling of getting kids to school, gymnastics, feeding then (that's harder then you would think on a busy week), and homework. I do find these moths to be very productive planning months. I have the time to make all those calls and contacts for the upcoming weddings and plan out the details of those as well. I also get to meet new vendors during this time of year. I am excited to be able to find new people to put into the mix. For example I have meet Virgina a wonderful florist in San Marcos. She does not like to deliver to Austin just because it leaves her shop unattended for a couple of hours. That is her only draw back. I have rarely met a florist with the passion she has for her work. And she is so great with people. She understands what weddings cost and really tries to work with you on your options in your budget. And when she does not know the answer she does not mind telling you that and getting back to you. For example when asked about a rumor of a flower running out she said its not something she had heard, but she would call her supplier and a few others in the area to check on things. I appreciate this honesty. At the same time she told us if the rumors are true then we could use the following options to get a very similar effect. I like her and hope we get to work together more in the future.
(Flower photo is from internet search not Virgina's work. She is sending me photo's and I will update it then)

No comments: